Listen to Dr Siva Vasudavan at the 2024 ASLO Congress.
Mastering Modern Orthodontics: Leveraging TADs, Customised appliances, and Digital Workflow for Transformative Results
This lecture delves into the transformative role of 3D-printed, implant-supported orthodontic appliances, a cutting-edge advancement in the field of orthodontics. Emphasizing their clinical applications, the presentation will explore how these innovative devices address complex orthodontic challenges in patients of all ages - from children to adults. The lecture will illustrate the paradigm shift in orthodontics driven by 3D printing technology, and will underscore the significance of embracing these advancements for enhanced patient care, improved clinical outcomes, and the continued evolution of orthodontic practice. This lecture is designed for orthodontic professionals and dental specialists keen on integrating advanced technologies into their practice, enhancing their understanding of modern orthodontic solutions, and staying abreast of the latest trends in patient-centred care.
- Introduction to 3D Printing in Orthodontics: Unpacking the evolution of 3D printing technology and its burgeoning role in orthodontic treatment planning and appliance fabrication.
- Clinical Applications and Case Studies: Detailed exploration of various clinical scenarios where 3D-printed implant-supported appliances have been successfully utilized. This segment will include diverse case studies encompassing paediatric, adolescent, and adult patients, illustrating the versatility and efficacy of these appliances in addressing unique orthodontic needs.
- Overcoming Traditional Limitations: Analysing how 3D-printed appliances surmount conventional orthodontic challenges, such as complex tooth movements and individual anatomical limitations, offering more precise and efficient treatment outcomes.
- Interdisciplinary Approach: Discussion on the integration of 3D-printed appliances within an interdisciplinary treatment framework, emphasizing collaboration with other dental specialties for comprehensive patient care.
- Technological and Material Innovations: Examination of the latest advancements in materials and digital technologies that enhance the functionality and biocompatibility of these appliances.
- Patient-Centric Outcomes: Focusing on patient comfort, customization, and overall experience, highlighting how these modern solutions align with patient expectations and improve compliance.
- Future Directions and Research: A glimpse into the future potential of 3D-printed orthodontic appliances, including ongoing research, potential developments, and the broadening scope of their application.
Dr. Siva Vasudavan is a graduate of the Unversity of Western Australia, the University of Sydney, and Harvard University. Siva’s professional experience includes extended periods at Princess Margaret Hospital for Children in Perth, Westmead Centre for Oral Health, and Boston Children’s Hospital. He is a longstanding member of ASLO, and holds membership with the ASO, AAO and the E.H. Angle Society of Orthodontists. Siva has co-authored a textbook on Orthodontic Biomechanics, authored numerous chapters in various orthodontic and medical textbooks, and contributed to over 30 publications in scientific peer-reviewed journals. Beyond his professional pursuits, Siva cherishes his time with his young family, and actively participates in their sporting interests and community activities. Siva is an enthusiastic snowboarder and maintains a long-standing passion for various mixed martial arts disciplines. Siva aspires to complete several more marathons before his knees call it quits.
BDSc (W.Aust) | MDSc (Orthodontics)(Sydney) | MPH (Harvard, Cert. Craniofacial & Cleft Lip/Palate Orthodontics (Harvard/Boston Childrens Hospital) | M Orth RCS (Edinburgh) | MRACDS (Ortho) | FDS RCS (Edinburgh)