Lingual Straight Wire Treatment with Square Slot Self Ligation Bracket
In my clinic we have been using the New Lingual Straight Wire system in all cases since 2006. In 2007 we developed our prototype bracket (STb SL) with square slot which is used with the lingual straight wire system. ALIAS, released in 2015, is the next generation of lingual orthodontics.
With ALIAS there are 3 new concepts:
- Square slot – the square slot gives more control over tooth movement enabling the orthodontist to more accurately predict treatment outcome. Treatment becomes less of an art and more of a science.
- Straight wire – treatment employs a plane arch-wire. With brackets bonded accurately and a full sized wire the amount of wire bending is very significantly reduced.
- Passive self-ligation system – employing a passive ligation system reduces friction and light orthodontic force can be employed. At this time, the biomechanics of the new square slot bracket will be described as well as the presentation of a treatment case using these concepts
After Graduating Tokyo Dental College in 1979, he spent a further Two years at Tokyo Medical and Dental University specializing in orthodontics. He later received his Ph.D. from Tokyo Dental College.
In 1983 he opened his first clinic near Tokyo and in 1987 he opened his second clinic in central Tokyo. This was the first exclusively lingual orthodontic clinic in Japan. Dr. Takemoto has held numerous training courses and workshops in over 20 countries. Dr. Takemoto is the former president of the WSLO and is a member of the European Board of Orthodontics and the World Board of Lingual Orthodontics. He has written extensively on lingual orthodontics and, in collaboration with Dr. Giussepe Scuzzo, developed the STb lingual bracket and ALIAS lingual straight wire system.
- World Society of Lingual Orthodontics (Founding Member, Former President)
- World Board of Lingual Orthodontists (Board Member)
- European Board of Orthodontics (Board Member)
- European Society of Lingual Orthodontics (Honorary Member)
- Japanese Orthodontic Society (Board Member)
- Japanese Association of Adult Orthodontics (Specialty Certified)
- Japanese Lingual Orthodontic Association (Specialty Certified)
- Ferrara University (Visiting Professor)
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (Fellow)